How to Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in Citrix Access Gateway 8.0
This document provides generation instructions for Citrix Access Gateway 8.0. If you are not able to perform the steps on the server, RapidSSL recommends to contact the server vendor.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
To generate a CSR using Access Gatway 8.0 Appliance, follow the steps bellow:
1. In the GUI configuration tool, go to SSL > CA Tools.
2. Click Create RSA Key in the right pane
NOTE: Do not use the <Certificate wizard> link shown on the SSL page).
3. Enter the Key Filename e.g. filename.key
4. The Key Size must be at least 2048 bits
5. Keep PEM as the key format and select DES3 for the PEM encoding algorithm
6. Enter the PEM passphrase to protect the private key. Click Create and then Close.
7. Click Create Certificate Request on the CA Tools page. Type e.g. filename.csr for the request file name and filename.key for the key file name. Re-enter the PEM passphrase, which you created in the previous step.
8. Fill out the distinguished name fields:
In Common name type the host name or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the appliance
In Emailaddress (optional) type the email address for the contact person at your company.
In Organization name type the name of your company or organization.
In Organizational unit type the name of the department that will use the certificate.
In City type the name of the city in which your company or organization is located.
In State or Province type the full name of the state or province where your company is located.
In Country select the country, where the organization is registered.
9. Click Create and then click Close.
10. The filename.csr file now resides on the appliance in the /nsconfig/ssl directory.
This file can then be transferred to a workstation. Use WinSCP or any other secure FTP client to connect to the Access Gateway. Log on as nsroot.
11. Verify the CSR
12. Proceed with Enrolment and paste the the CSR in the enrolment form when required.
Citrix Access Gateway
This solution is referenced from the Citrix Support
WarungSSL has made efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this document. However, WarungSSL makes no warranties of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) with respect to the information contained herein. WarungSSL assumes no liability to any party for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) caused by any errors, omissions, or statements of any kind contained in this document.
Further, WarungSSL assumes no liability arising from the application or use of the product or service described herein and specifically disclaims any representation that the products or services described herein do not infringe upon any existing or future intellectual property rights. Nothing herein grants the reader any license to make, use, or sell equipment or products constructed in accordance with this document. Finally, all rights and privileges related to any intellectual property right described herein are vested in the patent, trademark, or service mark owner, and no other person may exercise such rights without express permission, authority, or license secured from the patent, trademark, or service mark owner. Geotrust reserves the right to make changes to any information herein without further notice.