This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Zeus. If you are not able to perform these steps on your server, RapidSSL recommends you to contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports Zeus.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
NOTE: All certificates that will expire after October 2013 must have a 2048 bit key size.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request perform the following steps:
1. Open the Zeus Web Controller. For example: http://server:9090
2. Click SSL Certificates > Certificates > Create
3. Choose the option: Buy a certificate from another certifying authority
4. Fill out all fields for the Certificate Signing Request.
The CSR needs to contain the following attributes:
- Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US or CA.
- State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California.
- Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Berkeley.
- Organization (O): If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll, for example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corportation or XY and Z Corportation.
- Organizational Unit (OU): This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request.
- Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks likewww.company.com
NOTE: RapidSSL certificates can only be used on Web servers using the Common Name specified during enrollment. For example, a certificate for the domain "domain.com" will receive a warning if accessing a site named "www.domain.com" or "secure.domain.com", because "www.domain.com" and "secure.domain.com" are different from "domain.com".
5. Click OK.
6. Copy and paste the CSR file to a safe location and proceed wiht Enrollment.
NOTE: Zeus version 3.5.5 and above supports creating a CSR using SHA-1.
RapidSSL recommends that you contact the Zeus vendor for additional information if your current version does not support SHA-1 or is lower than version 3.5.5.
During the verification process, RapidSSL may need to contact your organization. Be sure to provide an email address, phone number and fax number that will be checked and responded to quickly.
These fields are not part of the certificate.